Published last at 9:45pm CDT October 28 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
75,580,179 ballots have been cast for Election 2020 thus far accounting for 54.8% of the total votes cast in the 2016 general election.
In positive news the Supreme Court ruled to allow absentee votes to be accepted for 3 days after November 3rd in Pennsylvania and 9 days after November 3rd in North Carolina. Unsurprisginly Republicans in both states were in opposition of this. However the Supreme Court has left the door open to potentially revisit the Pennsylvania ruling after November 3rd.
Over in the Trump camp, receipts for services incurred during Trump's president totaling $8.1 million - $2.5 million funded by the US government (cough: us, the taxpayers) - have been released by the Washington Post. With over 280 visits to Trump's hotels and clubs Trump has made his businesses the cornerstone of where he conducts business. Elaborate costs at Mar-a-Lago ranged from $34,200 for the Secret Service's lodging for a 2019 2 week Christmas stay to a $7,700 dinner with $6,000 floral arrangaments when Xi Jinping of China visited in 2017 (oh and a $1,005.60 bar charge).
The lack of care to the US public can also be seen when after a Trump rally last night in Omaha, Nevada attendees were stranded for hours in the cold. Some walked the 3 miles back to their cars and 30 people eventually needed medical attention.
You can't make this stuff up. Trump strands his supporters at a rally miles from their cars after bussing them there and not arranging for busses to take them back. Now many are suffering reportedly serious medical emergencies from the cold, including elderly supporters. https://t.co/ra404yoJ9l— Ian Bassin (@ianbassin) October 28, 2020
“at least 30 people including the elderly, an electric wheelchair user and a family with small children were among those requiring medical attention...” https://t.co/qM5gmRoYFy— Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) October 28, 2020
Trump does not care about you. He only cares about one thing - himself (oh and his bottom line).
Prepare to vote by visiting
IWillVote.com. Help those around you vote.
Already voted? Texas and Georgia are seen as legitimate battle ground states now. Sign up and text bank to inspire voters in these states to get out and vote! Or better yet, phone bank Powered By People has a list of various drives here!
- Election 2020 - Election Forecast Five Thirty Eight - The Decision Desk Won’t Project The Winner Of A State Until It’s 99.5% Sure
- Election 2020 - Voter security and white terrorists Media Matters - Militia leader Stewart Rhodes says that his group will be at polling locations and is ready to kill Democrats
- Election 2020 - Terrifying second term immigration plans The Guardian - Trump aide Stephen Miller preparing second-term immigration blitz
- Election 2020 - Trump's Election Website Hacked, Awesome! TechCrunch - Trump’s campaign website hacked by cryptocurrency scammers
- White House - Trump's White House is a joke CNN - Author of 2018 'Anonymous' op-ed critical of Trump revealed
Election 2020: Voting Guides
Cook County Illinois - If you're in Cook County, look no further for information on how to vote on your judges. Injustice Watch has a guide for you. - Girl, I Guess has a progressive voters guide as well. Also available in Spanish!
I'm collecting voting guides over at #GetYourVotingGuide! If you have one please contribute and share widely!
- Join Haymarket Books on October 29th at 11:00am to discuss, "The Virus The Climate The Alternative - Ecosocialist Solutions to Capital Crises" with Andreas Malm and Thea Riofrancos. RSVP here.
- Not a live event, but if you need more from Biden specifically on climate change this weekend Crooked Media, the team behind Vote Save America, interviewed Biden. Watch on YouTube today.
Call to Action
- Squash misinformation about the Election by staying up to date with the CISA Rumor Control website
- University of Chicago's Election Cyber Surge (ECS) program](https://harris.uchicago.edu/research-impact/centers-institutes/cyber-policy-initiative/election-cyber-surge) is crowdsourcing data related to election incidents such as longlines, voting equipment malfunctions, cyberattacks, mis/disinformation, and more. Fill out the form here to help.
- If you can, donate to help Democrats in the "Super State" elections of Arizona, Georgia, Texas, and. North Carolina. These states have 80 much needed electrocal votes and five senate seats! ActBlue will split donations across these Super States. Donate today!
- If you voted early, keep your eyes peeled to confirm your vote has been 1.) received and 2.) approved. Examples of ballot tracking programs include BallotTrax and BallotTrace. Here's an article to help you get started.
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
- Read and prepare to vote. Here's a "How to Vote in the 2020 Election" guide prepared by FiveThirtyEight.
Just for fun
Rocky the Vote with Jack Black singing 'Time Warp'! Let's [VOTE] do the time warp aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagain!