Published last at 11:33am CDT October 30 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
84,541,764 have been cast for Election 2020 thus far accounting for 61.3% of the total votes cast in the 2016 general election.
In Minnesota the 8th Circuit court has ruled to reject all absentee ballots received after 8:00pm on Election Day.
BREAKING: 8th Circuit appeals court forces Minnesota to reject all absentee ballots received after 8 p.m. on Election Day.— Theo Keith (@TheoKeith) October 29, 2020
That ruling throws out the state’s 7-day grace period. More to come in moments live on FOX 9.
Unphased by these efforts, though, many have been heeding the call with early voting and mail-in voting records continuing to be broken.
In Texas more than 9 million have already been cast, which is more than 2016 turnout. This impressive turnout has offiically flipped the state to be considered a "Toss-up" by various forecasters.
Additionally, in another tightly monitored state, Georgia, Senate challenger Jon Ossoff reported last night that incumbent David Perdue cancelled their last debate for this weekend. Perdue cites his commitments to aiding Trump for the cancellation whereas Ossoff cites their Wednesday debate.
I’d like to report a murder. Jon Ossoff slays GOP opponent Perdue in Georgia US Senate debate. pic.twitter.com/RL2CrTPSMJ— John Aravosis 🇺🇸🇬🇷🏳️🌈 (@aravosis) October 29, 2020
These continued efforts of squashing support for mail-in options and the continued developments where see see states - once considered Republican safegrounds - gaining Democratic momentum shows us that we can and do have the power.
It's up to every single one of us to:
- Vote today, vote early and if you cannot make a plan to arrive early on November 3rd to vote
- Inspire those in your networks to vote
- Use tools like
And most importantly, take care of yourself and one another, it's going to be a wild next week, and COVID's third wave is just starting.
Let's take a leaf out of AOC's book and "drink water and don't be racist".
Republicans are Very Mad (again) about my appearance. This time they’re mad that I look good in borrowed clothes (again).— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) October 29, 2020
Listen, if Republicans want pointers on looking your best, I’m happy to share.
Tip #1: Drink water and don’t be racist
- Election 2020 - Wisconsin Election Forecast FiveThirtyEight - What To Make Of That New Wisconsin Poll That Has Biden Way Ahead
- Election 2020 - More conspiracy theories, fake news, from Trump obviously NBC News - How a fake persona laid the groundwork for a Hunter Biden conspiracy deluge
- Media & Election 2020 - Role of Media Accountability The Intercept - Glenn Greenwald Resigns From The Intercept, A note from the Editors
- COVID19 - Illinois NBC CHicago - Illinois Keeps a Secret List of Thousands of Coronavirus Outbreaks. Now NBC 5 Has It
Election 2020: Voting Guides
Cook County Illinois - If you're in Cook County, look no further for information on how to vote on your judges. Injustice Watch has a guide for you. - Girl, I Guess has a progressive voters guide as well. Also available in Spanish!
I'm collecting voting guides over at #GetYourVotingGuide! If you have one please contribute and share widely!
- Tim Curry joins Wisconsin Democrats for the Rocky Horror Picture Show livestream tomorrow!!!!!! All you fantastic ghouls and gender bending, amazing folks that want to attend can donate for the 9pm CT viewing here.
- Not a live event, but if you need more from Biden specifically on climate change this weekend Crooked Media, the team behind Vote Save America, interviewed Biden. Watch on YouTube today.
Call to Action
- Squash misinformation about the Election by staying up to date with the CISA Rumor Control website
- University of Chicago's Election Cyber Surge (ECS) program](https://harris.uchicago.edu/research-impact/centers-institutes/cyber-policy-initiative/election-cyber-surge) is crowdsourcing data related to election incidents such as longlines, voting equipment malfunctions, cyberattacks, mis/disinformation, and more. Fill out the form here to help.
- If you can, donate to help Democrats in the "Super State" elections of Arizona, Georgia, Texas, and. North Carolina. These states have 80 much needed electrocal votes and five senate seats! ActBlue will split donations across these Super States. Donate today!
- If you voted early, keep your eyes peeled to confirm your vote has been 1.) received and 2.) approved. Examples of ballot tracking programs include BallotTrax and BallotTrace. Here's an article to help you get started.
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
- Read and prepare to vote. Here's a "How to Vote in the 2020 Election" guide prepared by FiveThirtyEight.
Just for fun
Grudge, my most favorite Aquarian Space Catte and Star Trek Discovery heart throb, has been "sharing" some news and insights on Twitter. They are all brilliant, including the news that "when I wave my tail gracefully, I'm waving from my carriage as I pass".
AQUARIAN SPACE CATTE RULES:— Grudge (@Grudge_Cat) October 18, 2020
Love me. Demand nothing but my presence.
Respect that I require enemies.
Rub my tummy when I allow it.
All the pillows are mine.
When I wave my tail gracefully, I'm waving from my carriage as I pass. You may look upon me, but not at me.