Published last at 5:15pm CDT November 2 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
97,665,370 have been cast for Election 2020 thus far accounting for 70.9% of the total votes cast in the 2016 general election.
Many are forecast that the odds are highly in favor of Joe Biden including: - The Economist giving 19 in 20 odds of winning the electoral college and most votes - FiveThirtyEight forecasting 89 out of 100 odds
Yet some of those forecasters are also reminding you that, Trump can still possibly win, as FiveThirtyEight reminds us, "a huge part of why our model and others’ think Trump can still win is the Electoral College. Trump has only a 3 percent chance of winning the popular vote in our model."
Luckily, in the backdrop of this we are seeing some promising rulings that are pushing back at the unconstitutional, criminal attempt to steal votes. A Federal judge today threw out yet another attempt to invalidate some 127,000 votes collected at drive-through voting sites in Houston. Justice Hanen asked, "Why am I just getting this case?" noting that the drive-through voting has been ongoing all summer.
So what can we expect tomorrow? Anyone paying attention to the rhetoric of both camps and how they are making their closing arguments knows that the Trump response is to try to demand a result tomorrow.
Trump and Biden make their closing arguments pic.twitter.com/Qsai4MkjoO— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) November 2, 2020
But that isn't how our election works. We won't have the result tomorrow. In fact, it is NORMAL to not have a result on Election Day. It will take some time. We have 1.) a pandemic 2.) unprecedented number of early voter ballots cast. Also, Trump and his cronies won't let the results stand without some meddling, so we all must be prepared and stand vigilant.
Tomorrow I will be an Election Judge in Chicago, working 5am to 7pm CT for when polls are open to close and then however long it takes after to officially submit votes.
PSA: Tomorrow I’ll be working as an Election Judge from 5am to 7pm. Helping ad I can with Spanish and other things here in #Chicago. I also will be heavily using #Election2020 over the next 72 hours before/after my shift.— BOOOrena "La BRUJA Tigresa” Mesa @ #BLM 🖤 (@loooorenanicole) November 2, 2020
If you haven’t go #VOTE. pic.twitter.com/xzxRfJbTHx
So while there are those of us working the polls, we need every single one of you to turn out and vote and help others to if you can.
If you weren't able to today and need to vote tomorrow, you are still able to register in the following states:
🚨🚨🚨— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) November 2, 2020
If you’re not registered to vote, you can do it ON Election Day in:
I'll see you all on the other side.
- Election 2020 - Results won't be had tomorrow The Hill - Pennsylvania governor appears in new ad warning election results may take 'a few days'
- Election 2020 - Election Day Safety ABCC News - 'Non-scalable' fencing erected around White House, stores boarded up in anticipation of election protests
- Election 2020 - Last Day Election Push Bloomberg Politics - Trump, Biden Make Final Push Before Election Day
- Election 2020 - Election Interference NBC News - Trump lashes out after FBI announces investigation of Biden bus incident
- Election 2020 - Wisconsin vote POLITICO - States of the Race: ‘There’s a big presence in this state that we didn’t see 4 years ago’
- Black Lives Matter - Racial Equity CNN - Supreme Court rules in favor of Black Lives Matter organizer
Election 2020: Voting Guides
Cook County Illinois - If you're in Cook County, look no further for information on how to vote on your judges. Injustice Watch has a guide for you. - Girl, I Guess has a progressive voters guide as well. Also available in Spanish!
I'm collecting voting guides over at #GetYourVotingGuide! If you have one please contribute and share widely!
Well, really, the biggest thing to watch out for is Election Day 2020 - it's tomorrow y'all. Here's some places of where to watch for updates: - Crooked Media (the crew that brings you Pod Save America) is going live tomorrow at 5:30pm CT, subscribe here to get a reminder on YouTube. - CBS has compiled a list here too.
Call to Action
- Squash misinformation about the Election by staying up to date with the CISA Rumor Control website
- University of Chicago's Election Cyber Surge (ECS) program](https://harris.uchicago.edu/research-impact/centers-institutes/cyber-policy-initiative/election-cyber-surge) is crowdsourcing data related to election incidents such as longlines, voting equipment malfunctions, cyberattacks, mis/disinformation, and more. Fill out the form here to help.
- If you voted early, keep your eyes peeled to confirm your vote has been 1.) received and 2.) approved. Examples of ballot tracking programs include BallotTrax and BallotTrace. Here's an article to help you get started.
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
- Read and prepare to vote. Here's a "How to Vote in the 2020 Election" guide prepared by FiveThirtyEight.
Just for fun
The best Election 2020 campaign I have seen, enjoy.