Published last at 3:45pm CDT August 18 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
Last night Michelle Obama made a very direct ask of us all. Create your voting plan.
Update: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) says he'll sign the bill to let all voters to vote by mail for November, meaning only 6 states home to 17% of Americans will require a mail voting excuse (all of which exempt voters age 65+). Texas is half of that 17% https://t.co/GyBZCcU9Wz https://t.co/VmqDNGVsKq— Stephen Wolf (@PoliticsWolf) August 18, 2020
So, how are you planning to vote? I asked some of you all to weigh in, and some of you did:
Just confirmed my voting registration and mailing address. Also got text alerts setup so I know when my ballot is mailed to me and received. I plan to take my ballot to a local drop site 👍🏻— RedBear (@gizm0_0) August 18, 2020
Registered! Got the receipt and know all my voting location and mail-in ballot drop-offs. Everyone should check their registrations as well as know their voting locations.— mrcartoonster 🇺🇸🇵🇷 (@mrcartoonster) August 18, 2020
So today's theme is simple -- create your voting plan.
- Voting - Mail in Orange County Registrar - Election integrity will be put to the test in California this November
- Voting - Mail in CBS - With more mail-in ballots, U.S. may not have official results on election night: "Be prepared, be patient"
- Voting - Mail in The Hill - Postmaster general says he's pausing changes 'until after the election'
- DNC Convention - Day 1 Recap CNN - Hits and misses from Night 1 of the Democratic National Convention
- State Election Primaries Five Thirty Eight - What To Watch In Today’s Elections In Alaska, Florida And Wyoming
- Democratic National Contention 2020 continues with primetime content starting at 8:00pm CDT to 10:00pm CDT. Watch live for Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Dr. Jill Biden. Full schedule here.
Call to Action
- Make your voting plan. NBC News has a plan your vote voting by mail guide to help you as has the New York Times.
- Ask 5 folks in your circle "what is your voting plan" and devise ways to hold one another accountable.
- Keep your Election Protection Hotline number handy: 866-OUR-VOTE, or Michelle Obama will be disappointed in us.
- Text “TEACH” to “21333” to sign up and learn more about how you can help your students get registered.