Published last at 1:20pm CDT October 27 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
67,113,097 ballots have been cast for Election 2020 thus far accounting for 48.7% of the total votes cast in the 2016 general election.
Meanwhile up above us. on the ISS, NASA astronaut Kate Rubins shared a selfie showing her voting from spac.
_nodding nodding profusely_ https://t.co/Pa1OZXnPFM— BOOOrena "La BRUJA Tigresa” Mesa @ #BLM 🖤 (@loooorenanicole) October 27, 2020
Exciting? Yes. Ironic, though, how we cannot guarantee access to voting here back on the ground and our own Supreme Court seems hellbent on denying US voter theirs guaranteed right.
Jutices like Brett Kavanaugh are commenting such things like, "Under the U.S. Constitution, the state courts do not have a blank check to rewrite state election laws for federal elections" where he weighed in that SCOTUS will not allow mail-in votes postmarked on Election Day to not be counter for up to six days after the election. Elsewhere, Pennsylvania lawyers are asking Justice Amy Coney Barrett to recuse herself from election matters.
Across the USA, COVID19 is surging as the dreaded third wave has lead to more than 500,000 testing positive. However Trump continues to deny and allege yesterday that we are "rounding the turn and still no COVID stimulus is planned until after the election.
And today we mourn the loss of yet another black man, Walter Wallace Jr., who has been killed by police, this time in Philadelphia.
Our lives, our livelihood, our future fundamentally hang in the balance. You know the ask I am about to make --
plan to vote by going to
IWillVote.com, and help those in your life to vote as well.
Oh, and one more ask. Help crowdsource election incident data and allow us to combat voting and election interruptions 👇.
Univ of Chicago's @ElectionSurge is crowdsourcing data related to #Election2020 incidents e.g. long lines, voting equipment malfunctions, cyberattacks, mis/disinformation, & more. You can submit with this form here 👉🏽 https://t.co/d0ZqUsOvxi https://t.co/BkfBKgLbVL— BOOOrena "La BRUJA Tigresa” Mesa @ #BLM 🖤 (@loooorenanicole) October 27, 2020
- Election 2020 - Voting Security NPR - Voters' Guide To Election Security In The 2020 Presidential Campaign
- Election 2020 - Voting Poll Safety in Michigan Business Insider - Police in Michigan, a hotbed for armed far-right groups, said they may be powerless to enforce a ban on guns at polling places
- Election 2020 - More Republicans backing Biden The Washington Post - Former U.S. attorneys — all Republicans — back Biden, saying Trump threatens ‘the rule of law’
- SCOTUS - Pennsylvania lawyers want Barrett to recuse herself on election issues CNN - Associate Justice Amy Coney Barrett sworn in and greeted with a request to recuse herself in an election case
- Police Brutality Associated Press - Protests flare in Philadelphia after police kill Black man
- CODI19 - 3rd Wave AXIOS - The coronavirus is starting to crush some hospitals
Election 2020: Voting Guides
Cook County Illinois - If you're in Cook County, look no further for information on how to vote on your judges. Injustice Watch has a guide for you. - Girl, I Guess has a progressive voters guide as well. Also available in Spanish!
I'm collecting voting guides over at #GetYourVotingGuide! If you have one please contribute and share widely!
- Join Haymarket Books on October 29th at 11:00am to discuss, "The Virus The Climate The Alternative - Ecosocialist Solutions to Capital Crises" with Andreas Malm and Thea Riofrancos. RSVP here.
- Not a live event, but if you need more from Biden specifically on climate change this weekend Crooked Media, the team behind Vote Save America, interviewed Biden. Watch on YouTube today.
Call to Action
- Squash misinformation about the Election by staying up to date with the CISA Rumor Control website
- University of Chicago's Election Cyber Surge (ECS) program](https://harris.uchicago.edu/research-impact/centers-institutes/cyber-policy-initiative/election-cyber-surge) is crowdsourcing data related to election incidents such as longlines, voting equipment malfunctions, cyberattacks, mis/disinformation, and more. Fill out the form here to help.
- If you can, donate to help Democrats in the "Super State" elections of Arizona, Georgia, Texas, and. North Carolina. These states have 80 much needed electrocal votes and five senate seats! ActBlue will split donations across these Super States. Donate today!
- If you voted early, keep your eyes peeled to confirm your vote has been 1.) received and 2.) approved. Examples of ballot tracking programs include BallotTrax and BallotTrace. Here's an article to help you get started.
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
- Read and prepare to vote. Here's a "How to Vote in the 2020 Election" guide prepared by FiveThirtyEight.
Just for fun
Some snarky and morbid humor anyone?