Published last at 10:30 September 11 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
8 weekends until the November 4 2020 election.
The fires continue to rage as images comparing the apocalyptic skylines of California and Oregon to Blade runner 2049.
Time for a terrible and frightening new game.— Paul Dokas (@pauldokas) September 9, 2020
Blade Runner 2049 or California 2020? pic.twitter.com/0yp9re8USv
Oregon wildfires pic.twitter.com/j7LQ9JKMil— Sergio Olmos (@MrOlmos) September 10, 2020
USA COVID deathtoll is nearing 200,000.
Technology giants continue to allege their platforms don't cause inequity in the world.
This is September 11 2020, the 19th anniversary of September 11 2001.
- Election 2020 Forecast FiveThirtyEight - Why Trump Might Be Scaring Off Older Voters
- Election 2020 - Cybersecurity BBC - Russia, China and Iran hackers target Trump and Biden, Microsoft says
- Climate Change - The West Coast is Burning New York Times - A climate reckoning in fire-stricken California
- Census 2020 - Redistricting CBS News - Judges halt plan to exclude unauthorized immigrants from count used to award seats in Congress
- Police Reform - Chicago Limelight Blockclub Chicago - What Happens When Chicago Cops Speak Up About Police Misconduct? Their Lives Are Ruined, Whistleblowers Say
- COVID19 - Winter 2020 CNN - Americans need to 'hunker down' this fall and winter as Covid-19 pandemic will likely worsen, Fauci says
- Join Chris Garaffa of Trans Lifeline, Steven Trush of Citizen Clinic, and Sarah Aoun of Open Technology Fund for a "Surviving Election Season: New threats to US-based nonprofits and advocacy groups and what we can do about it" on September 22 @ 12:00pm CDT. Organized by UC Berkeley Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity, you can register here.
- Calendar for the Presidential USA 2020 election available here.
Call to Action
- Register to vote at
- Looking for ways to help protect the vote? Crooked Meida, the team behind Pod Save America have created Vote Save America, a website with all the information you need to 1.) register to vote 2.) protect the vote 3.) learn the issues for this election. Head over and commit to "adopting a battleground state" today.
- While this will be an unprecendented election with vote by mail, there is still a need for poll workers. If you can, register to help on November 4 2020 as a poll worker.
Just for fun
Seems appropriate, so here's a short article of 10 Simple Ways To Make You Feel Good Instantly.
There's also some amazing sci-fi and fantasy entertainment coming for late 2020 including:
DUNE: December 18, 2020
Twitter is currently split into four groups:— Fiona H. Panther (@FiPanther) September 10, 2020
1. People excited by the Dune trailer
2. People complaining about the Dune trailer
3. People discussing that they couldn’t get more than 3 paragraphs into the book
Star Trek Discovery, Season 3: October 15, 2020