Published last at 11:20pm CDT October 5 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
We've done about 70 private polls this week and a very noticeable trend we're seeing especially the last few days is that where before Biden was maybe getting 6-8% of 2016 Trump voters, that's pretty consistently starting to be more like 10-12%— PublicPolicyPolling (@ppppolls) October 4, 2020
However, reports from Trump over the weekend seem to indicate Trump is largely unbothered. Instead Trump "told advisers on Sunday that he was getting bored being in the hospital and was tiring of watching coverage of his hospitalization," and instead opted for an impromptu joy ride to wave to supporters before returning back to Walter Reed hospital. Trump, while wearing a mask, was in an enclosed space with Secret Service and seemed to have no regard for the health of those protecting him.
Sound on!!! This man yelling embodies all my fears and why this elections is so important. Please vote. https://t.co/kTbhKgJQOd— Jim Gaffigan (@JimGaffigan) October 4, 2020
The fallout continues as White House journalists are livid given the added news of White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany has tested postitive for COVID19. Reporters have had strong feedback pointing out, "Reporters have families and have been doing the right thing, wearing masks. The White House staff are relentlessly reckless." Additionally "the White House residence staff members are largely Black and Latino, and often elderly" have been needlessly exposed too.
The continued bafoonery of the White House administration and Trump demonstrates plainly and. clearly: Trump and his people do not care about us. Nor will they do anything to contradict their own personal interest. The inaction to plan for COVID19, the failure to denounce White Supremacy, the fearmongering and attempt to thrawt public trust in mailin voting, the dismantling of indigenous people's sovereignty. These abuses, these failure sis not by chance, but by design.
Prepare to vote, sign up at
IWillVote.com, we have only 28 days until Election Day 2020.
- *COVID19 - #TrumpHasCovid - Buzzfeed News - Doctors Are Warning That Trump Could Experience The Worst COVID Symptoms In The Next Week
- *COVID19 - #TrumpHasCovid - New York Times - White House Is Not Contact Tracing ‘Super-Spreader’ Rose Garden Event
- SCOTUS - Voter Supression NPR - SCOTUS Sides With S.C. To Reinstate Witness Signature Mandate For Absentee Ballots
- Election 2020 - Voter Supression POLITICO - Florida voter registration system crashes on last day for filing
- Election 2020 - Early Voting US Elections Project - Early Vote Analysis for Sunday, Oct. 4 - Early Voting Continues at Record Pace with 3.3 million voted
- Absentee Voting with Confidence! The Rockland County (New York) Board of Elections, BRIDGES, and New York's Independent Living Center run a live demo of how to fill out an absentee ballot at 2:30pm October 6th. For more local events Eventbrite has curated a "Your Vote Councts: Birutla Voter Education and Registration Events and Workshops" list for your review.
- October 7th at 08:00pm CT the Vice Presidential Debate between Democratic VP Candidate Harris and Pence. You can find information for how to watch here.
- October 8th at 6:00pm CT Haymarket Books is hosting a Teach-In with Naomi Klein and Johann Hari on "Trump's Shock Election Politics - And How to Fightt What He Does Next". RSVP here.
Call to Action
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
Just for fun
Get Your Booty to the Poll Official PSA!