Published last at 2:08pm CDT October 7 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
5,243,246 ballots have been cast for Election 2020 thus far.
FiveThirtyEight US House of Representative forecast predicts that Democrats are, "clearly favored to win the House" overall predicted to capture 221 to 253 seats. Otherwise, this is not set to change much.
Meanwhile, Trump and his admin are:
- After refusing to address a COVID19 stimulus before the Election now calls on Congress to pass relief plan. This change in "heart" coming after the volatile stock market performance yesterday.
- Had to cave in on a longer 2 month of satefy data before approving a COVID19 vaccine
- Not conducting any more contact tracing beyond 2 days prior to last week's debate
This is the ultimate version of Trump: tweeting constantly while out of his mind on drugs and no one can take the phone from him because he’s a biohazard— Ambooent 1: Music For Scareports (@pixelatedboat) October 7, 2020
Go vote. After you vote, confirm (if you voted early) that your vote has been received, that not only has it been received but approved.
- Election 2020 - Voter Supression New York Times: Election Officials are Preparing for Potiential Unrest at the Polls
- Election 2020 - Voter Supression New York Times - The Attack on Voting: How President Trump’s false claim of voter fraud is being used to disenfranchise Americans
- Election 2020 - Political Strategy NPR - Getting Lots Of Political Messages On Your Phone? Welcome To 'The Texting Election'
- Election 2020 - Economy The Guardian - First Thing election special: Trump's tweets tank the Dow
- Election 2020 - Election Security FBI - Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- COVID19 - Stimulus CNN - Trump's erratic behavior continues as he halts stimulus talks and spreads falsehoods on pandemic
- COVID19 - Vaccine NPR - FDA Releases Long-Awaited COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance
- COVID19 - Trump Admin Failure The Guardian - Top US immunologist quits health role over Trump Covid response
- COVID19 - #TrumpHasCovid The New York Times - Stephen Miller Tests Positive as White House Outbreak Grows
Cook County Illinois - If you're in Cook County, look no further for information on how to vote on your judges. Injustice Watch has a guide for you. - Girl, I Guess has a progressive voters guide as well. Also available in Spanish!
- TONIGHT at 08:00pm CT the Vice Presidential Debate between Democratic VP Candidate Harris and Pence. You can find information for how to watch here. Also, don't worry Harris will be protected by 12 feet distance and plexiglass as we continue to learn morea bout the #TrumpHasCovid spread.
- October 8th at 6:00pm CT Haymarket Books is hosting a Teach-In with Naomi Klein and Johann Hari on "Trump's Shock Election Politics - And How to Fightt What He Does Next". RSVP here.
Call to Action
- If you voted early, keep your eyes peeled to confirm your vote has been 1.) received and 2.) approved. Examples of ballot tracking programs include BallotTrax and BallotTrace. Here's an article to help you get started.
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
- Read and prepare to vote. Here's a "How to Vote in the 2020 Election" guide prepared by FiveThirtyEight.
Just for fun
Party people and the place to be!
Drunk History has unfortunately been cancelled and will not be coming back for a 7th season, so enjoy some highlights from the last six sesons including Questlove & Method Man on "the early years of hip-hop":