Published last at 12:40pm CDT October 8 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
6,339,316 ballots have been cast for Election 2020 thus far.
Kamala Harris showed up, she answered the questions asked of her, allowed her opponent time to respond, all while delivering the best non-verbal responses that no one has seen in a VP Debate before.
And when Pence attempted to take her time?
"I'm speaking." pic.twitter.com/KOu5MUkrCH— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) October 8, 2020
Even when Pence - a White man with all the privilege that only those that are White men can pretend to be ignorant of - attempted to lecture Harris on systemic racism. Kamala kept her composure, never losing her cool. She answered with precision, intentionally and directly. When asked if Americans should take a COVID19 vaccine that the Trump administration approves, Harris answered, "If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I'm not taking it."
Kamala Harris not only won last night's debate, she demonstrated the clear failure that is the Trump administration. The Trump administration knows it to, since as of the writing of this post Trump has withdrawn from participating in next week's Presidential debate.
It's too bad Trump is afraid to debate next week. pic.twitter.com/4juvdgPfE7— Pete Buttigieg (@PeteButtigieg) October 8, 2020
Update: Joe Biden is moving forward with Wednesday's appearance and is scheduled to for a Town Hall. At least someone is taking the job interview serious.
Regardless, register to vote. Let's make this defeat an overwhelming one.
- Election 2020 - Presidential Debate Washington Post - Trump pulls out of next debate after organizers say it will be held virtually because of coronavirus concerns
- Election 2020 - #TrumpHasCovid NBC - Trump asked Walter Reed doctors to sign nondisclosure agreements in 2019
- Politics - Right wing terrorists The Detroit News - FBI affidavit: Conspirators wanted to kidnap gov to remote Wisconsin location
- Politics - 25th Amendment CSPAN - House Speaker Pelosi Holds News Conference & invites the public to join in a discussion on the 25th Amendment tomorrow
- COVID19 - Stimulus Plan CBS - Here’s the likelihood of getting a $1,200 stimulus check in the next 26 days
Cook County Illinois - If you're in Cook County, look no further for information on how to vote on your judges. Injustice Watch has a guide for you. - Girl, I Guess has a progressive voters guide as well. Also available in Spanish!
- Today at 5:00pm CT ProPublica discuss "The Threat of Misinformation" with ProPublica reporter Jeff Kao and First Draft executie director Claire Wardle, RSVP here.
- Today at 6:00pm CT NPR WBEZ in Chicago discussion "Disproportionately Affected: Race, COVID-19 and Accountability" with Black and Latino community members sharing their stories as a part of understanding the highly divergent lived experiences of COVID19 across Chicagoland, register here.
Call to Action
- If you voted early, keep your eyes peeled to confirm your vote has been 1.) received and 2.) approved. Examples of ballot tracking programs include BallotTrax and BallotTrace. Here's an article to help you get started.
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
- Read and prepare to vote. Here's a "How to Vote in the 2020 Election" guide prepared by FiveThirtyEight.
Just for fun
We just really need to celebrate Kamala in all her awesomeness. So here we go ...