Published last at 3:50pm CDT October 9 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
8,283,929 ballots have been cast for Election 2020 thus far. This accounts for 6% of the total votes counted in the 2016 general election.
This morning we heard from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as she shared an update on Federal government business as it relates to the 25th Amendment:
Broadly, the House is seeking a bipartisan board of Representatives that would have access to the President's health information. As we have seen with Trump's intentional obscufation, he is claiming to be COVID19 free while pushing for Regeneron - a pharmaceutrical company - he alleges has cured him. With only Trump's word to trust, the House is taking steps to attempt to be ready to act if the need to replace Trump arises. Even though this board is unlikely to gain support, it speaks to the desparate desire of Trump and his cronies to rewrite history. Much like McConnell who also is trying to rewrite history as he alleges he hasn't been to the White House in weeks due to the Trump's handling of COVID19.
Even more baffling, Trump continues insistence that Biden's refusal to debate him in person shows Biden is weak. Trump additionally has taken to claiming tha the Commission on Presidental Debates decision to make such a debate virtual is a ploy to "protect Biden". With a townhall now scheduled with Biden instead, the refusal of Trump to show up for the continued job interview speaks volumes: "In many ways, nothing symbolizes the Trump presidency better than an empty chair. This is a man who has refused time and again to show up for the American people," as Skylar Baker-Jordan of The Independent sums up.
Everyone, do like Beatrice Lumpkin and go vote.
102-year-old Beatrice Lumpkin put on a face shield and gloves and took her ballot to the mailbox.— Alexis Benveniste (@apbenven) October 5, 2020
When she was born, women couldn't vote. pic.twitter.com/jhiXyDL682
- Election 2020 - COVID19 Stimulus CNN - Stimulus negotiations: Trump signs off on a $1.8 trillion counter offer to Pelosi
- Election 2020 - Trump Taxes New York Times - Trump’s Taxes Show He Engineered a Sudden Windfall in 2016
- Election 2020 - Senate Forecast The Guardian - US Senate elections: the key races that will determine power in Washington)
- BLM - Murder of George Floyd Washington Post - Judge allows Derek Chauvin to live outside of Minnesota as he awaits trial in death of George Floyd
Cook County Illinois - If you're in Cook County, look no further for information on how to vote on your judges. Injustice Watch has a guide for you. - Girl, I Guess has a progressive voters guide as well. Also available in Spanish!
I'm collecting voting guides over at #GetYourVotingGuide! If you have one please contribute and share widely!
- On October 13th at 5:00pm join Biden Harris campaign for a virtual Trek The Vote event, donating any amount you can! Trekkies such as Patrick Stewart, Sonequa Martin-Green, and LeVar Burton will be present. 🖖🖖
Call to Action
- If you voted early, keep your eyes peeled to confirm your vote has been 1.) received and 2.) approved. Examples of ballot tracking programs include BallotTrax and BallotTrace. Here's an article to help you get started.
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
- Read and prepare to vote. Here's a "How to Vote in the 2020 Election" guide prepared by FiveThirtyEight.
Just for fun
Newman is back to call out "Donnie and his corrupt Postmaster", telling us "they've had the unmitigated gall to try slow down the mail when we all know the only person who can slow down the mail is the mailman!" Uh oh! Newman isn't having it.
Newman! pic.twitter.com/cGTJG6pr7J— Chris Taylor (@christaylor_nyc) October 9, 2020