It's Election Day 2020
Published last at 5:15pm CDT November 2 2020, subject to change throughout the day.
99,657,079 have been cast for Election 2020 thus far accounting for 72.3% of the total votes cast in the 2016 general election.
Today starts with the news that all 5 votes in Dixville Notch, a small North Hampshire township near the US-Canada border have cast their ballots all for Biden.
But, this is no guarantee of anything to come. Nearly most the versed, non-Trump pundits are telling us to prepare for an Election that'll likely take some time to render a result.
Everywhere, poll watchers will be taking to the polls too. Disturbingly Right-Wing pollwatcher "training" has emphasized fearmongering and paranoia, Slate reports that ALan Vera a Texas' Harris County GOP warns that laxatives have been secretly somehow slipped into coffee for pollwatchers.
Everywhere polls are also attempting to correct for bias in 2016, with Monmouth reporting that in PA they've adjusted education weight and still find Biden leading 5 to 7 points.
This comparison of Monmouth's final PA polls shows how samples have been adjusted to avoid a 2016 surprise. 2016 weighting on left, 2020 on right.— Will Saletan (@saletan) November 2, 2020
Dems are down from +11 to +2. And education weighting is added to ensure 64% are non-college.
Biden leads anyway, by 5 to 7 points. pic.twitter.com/AHzZhg0tlP
Fear aside, what we have seen is nearly 100 million cast their ballot before Election Day. This is unprecedented turnout.
So, do me a favor, I'll be election judging today. What I need you all to do is:
- Stay calm, take mental breaks or just don't watch if it is causing you distress
- Go vote though, you must vote.
- Help those around you vote
- And if you want to, do some last minute text / phone banking espeically in Texas.
- Election 2020 - Prepare for the outcome Vox - If Trump won’t concede, these activists have a plan
- Election 2020 - Election Safety Newsweek - Trump Supporters That Harassed Biden Bus Were Armed, Operation Organized in Private Facebook Group Linked to QAnon
Election 2020: Voting Guides
Cook County Illinois - If you're in Cook County, look no further for information on how to vote on your judges. Injustice Watch has a guide for you. - Girl, I Guess has a progressive voters guide as well. Also available in Spanish!
I'm collecting voting guides over at #GetYourVotingGuide! If you have one please contribute and share widely!
Well, really, the biggest thing to watch out for is Election Day 2020 - it's tomorrow y'all. Here's some places of where to watch for updates: - Crooked Media (the crew that brings you Pod Save America) is going live tomorrow at 5:30pm CT, subscribe here to get a reminder on YouTube. - CBS has compiled a list here too.
Call to Action
- Squash misinformation about the Election by staying up to date with the CISA Rumor Control website
- University of Chicago's Election Cyber Surge (ECS) program](https://harris.uchicago.edu/research-impact/centers-institutes/cyber-policy-initiative/election-cyber-surge) is crowdsourcing data related to election incidents such as longlines, voting equipment malfunctions, cyberattacks, mis/disinformation, and more. Fill out the form here to help.
- If you voted early, keep your eyes peeled to confirm your vote has been 1.) received and 2.) approved. Examples of ballot tracking programs include BallotTrax and BallotTrace. Here's an article to help you get started.
- Get your flu shot, here's a list of where to get it.
- Download and use this "Donald Trump Must [Bin]Go" card that includes actionable items you can do now until Election Day 2020 by Clara Bellum!
- Read and prepare to vote. Here's a "How to Vote in the 2020 Election" guide prepared by FiveThirtyEight.
Just for fun
And here's some really mundane but surprisingly amusing "make your own headline" for if Joe Biden wins graphic. Enjoy.
I always knew they would save us:— Elizabeth Rogers (@ahumorlessfem) November 2, 2020
"The transgenders will ban Fox News." pic.twitter.com/w5UzSXwvzN